Pages

Tuesday 31 October 2017

Little Black Book: Part 2

First thing's first, happy Halloween! I hope you're having a spook-tacular day...!

So, today's post is I'm afraid not in the least bit spooky. Instead, I'm going to tell you about two places which I really feel you should visit once you have recovered from your candy-coma.

The first is a brunch spot up in Crouch End called The Haberdashery. It's a tiny rustic restaurant, eclectically filled with bunting, tea cups and local artists' work. And, most importantly, it serves the best brunch!




It is this place that my boyfriend and I would often go and order enough food for a medium sized family. I'd order the avocado toast with two poached eggs (served with a shot of carrot juice) and my boyfriend would order the hedonist breakfast which was a combination of both the full English AND the vegetarian version. Then, we'd likely share a side of French toast or pancakes. Sometimes, I'd even order the poached pears in porridge as well! I can definitely say we indulged, but the food was so good it was hard not to!

However, my favourite bit of any brunch here was the small bowl of white hot chocolate which I couldn't not order, festooned with mini marshmallows. Pure heaven and not to be missed!




The second place I wish to share with you is perhaps the best pizza restaurant in London. Now, I'm not a massive pizza fiend - I didn't even eat much of it as a student, despite this seemingly being the staple university diet, but this pizza is honestly delicious. It's from a place in Notting Hill called Pizza Metro where the pizza comes in meter long strips and is cooked in a wood fired oven.

I was first introduced to Pizza Metro as a takeaway whenever we had a lazy dinner over at Frankie's and Demi's, but eventually we got around to visiting the restaurant too. In the restaurant, you can have multiple flavours all down the length of the same bit of dough!

My absolute favourite flavour is the Percorina, a white pizza covered in goats cheese, red onions and mozzarella. Honestly, I could eat this and only this for the rest of my life it is just that good!

The nice thing about the restaurant is that it's inexpensive and they're good at accommodating last minute large groups - the photo below was taken late at night when the need for food had struck our party after an evening in a cocktail bar! We caused minor havoc with our ordering, but the staff took it all with a smile. What more could you possibly ask for?!




So that's it for round two of my Little Black Book. Let me know what's in yours!

1 comment:

  1. Meter long pizza...what is this witchcraft haha?! All looks amazing, thanks for your tips (in both sections of the black book). I can't wait to visit London now!


    www.jettravels.co.uk

    Jet
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...