Pages

Tuesday 24 October 2017

Little Black Book: Part 1

The absolute joy of living in a place like London is there is an absolute plethora of things to do. Every day, you can stumble across a new café, bar or cool place to visit. Not only that, but there are some old favourites that you'll forever find yourself going back to. Therefore, I've decided to do a series of posts sharing with you some of my new finds and personal faves. Welcome to my little black book. 

First up, the rooftop of Selfridges. Now, if you're looking for views over London, this perhaps isn't the best place to go, but what I really like about this space is the fact it's always evolving. New concepts and pop-ups seem to be brought in seasonally, along with a new look and a new menu. The first time I visited, it was decked up as a fairy-tale winter forest and since then, the roof has had a number of different looks. Currently, it's 'Il Tetto' a rustic, Italian inspired restaurant. 





Now, at this point, I have to say I have never eaten up on the roof. But I have most definitely drunk up there and I have to say I have been very happy with the cocktails each time. Fairly 'normally' priced for London cocktails (around the nine quid mark, which I appreciate whilst not cheap, is also not extortionate when compared to other 'up-market' venues) and definitely well presented and tasty. Personally, I really enjoy huddling out on the terrace, under a thoughtfully provided blanket, warming my hands on one of their wintry concoctions! 





Next, a lunch or dinner spot which I love - Pinto Thai. Located on the Upper Richmond Road in Putney, this small restaurant is the answer to all of your Thai foody needs. The restaurant itself has a quite cool modern vibe, whilst still managing to let you know what kind of food is served. It's also not a stranger to solo diners, with a bar-style table lining one wall. 





The colourful menu easily helps you decide what to order and the food is served in round tin dishes which verge on hipstery-cool. Most importantly, the food is delicious! As in, scraping-around-the-tin-to-get-every-last-grain-of-rice delicious. I would especially recommend the lemongrass chicken and a glass of milky Thai iced tea.  

My final spot for this first 'Little Black Book' post is a place I love to visit when I fancy a little breath of fresh air - Fulham Palace gardens and Bishops Park. This is a beautiful area which runs along the river and is perfect for a stroll or even a summer picnic. You can wander through the beautifully manicured palace grounds, admiring the formal flowerbeds within the walled gardens or walk further down through the park until you hit the beautiful pond area where ducklings paddle in the spring. 





The park is also a bit of a staple venue in the Fulham calendar - the Oxford Cambridge boat race starts nearby and so big screens are set up to watch the race on whilst funfair rides whirl on the grass. On bonfire night, fireworks in the park fly up and light up the river, and throughout the summer, an open air cinema pays a visit, projecting classic films among the trees. 

So that's it for part 1 - I'll be back soon with more places which are worth becoming a staple part of your stomping ground! 

Let me know if you have any great places you'd like to share! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...