Pages

Wednesday 6 September 2017

Wild Flowers and Wedding Bells

Last weekend, my boyfriend and I attended his big sister's wedding up near Newcastle. I'd been really excited about the big day for quite some time as the last time I attended a wedding, I must have been about knee height!

First things first however, I had to find a hat! The boys in the wedding party were sett to look dashing in mourning dress and so I had to find something suitably smart. In the end, I found one in a place I wasn't necessarily expecting - Marks and Spencer!





The wedding was being held in a beautiful barn conversion out in the countryside. Surrounded by dry stone walls and fields of ponies, the location couldn't have been more idyllic! The barn itself had fairy lights weaving in and out of the rafters and beautiful spherical flower arrangements hung from the ceiling.




Soon, it was time for the bride's entrance. She floated down the aisle in a cloud of white, lead by bridesmaids in cobalt blue. Moments later, the barn erupted into applause for the new happy couple.





Confetti was thrown, photos taken and speeches spoken before the wedding breakfast was served. I couldn't have been happier when a large platter of beef carpacccio materialised on the table in front of me!




The tables were frosted with more arrangements of white flowers and, from our seats, we could look out over the countryside as we tucked into our food.






The rest of the evening passed dancing to the band (who were fantastic!) and roasting marshmallows over the fire pits which crackled away merrily in the barn's courtyard.






The whole of the wedding was thoroughly enjoyable. The location was rustically elegant, the crowd lively and the happy couple, well, very happy. I was delighted to have been a part of their big day and wish them a beautiful future.


3 comments:

  1. Looks lovely and so do you, what a beautiful day,

    x
    www.jettravels.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so beautiful. Love country weddings! Congrats to the couple!

    http://fashionistalooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...