Pages

Tuesday 29 July 2014

The Folly Tearoom, Norfolk

At the weekend, my friend Ayesha and I went to visit our good friend Frannie. Frannie was working at a family friend's tearoom in Norfolk for the summer and so had promised us a day of relaxing on the beach in the sunshine, followed by tea and cake at The Folly Tearoom. However, upon our arrival, our plans quickly flew out of the window and we found ourselves having a rather fabulous time, a long way from any sand.




We met Frannie at a little Norfolk pub where we were introduced to some new friends of hers. Soon after, we were invited back to theirs for a dip in their pool. Conveniently remembering my pet hate for sand, we eagerly accepted...

...and ended up at one of the most beautiful houses I've ever seen!




Not a bad place for a dip!

After a rather happy splash around, we were invited to a pool party that evening...at another estate! Feeling a little blown away at this point, Ayesh and I happily went along with the flow and found ourselves dancing (and swimming) the night away.





The next morning, after a little paddle in the pool, we went with Frannie to work and finally got to see the little tearoom she'd been raving about. It really was incredibly pretty. The whole place was kitted out in a vintage style (without being too fussy) with beautiful mix and match tea cups and cake stands. I especially loved the duck egg blue and gold theme running throughout the whole establishment. It was very apparent that a lot of care and attention had been taken in putting The Folly together, and our little Frannie looked at home amongst the home made cakes and brownies (some of which she'd baked herself!).







Ayeshie and I tucked in. I'd gone for a slice of Frannie's very elaborate chocolate cake (decorated with live flowers and glitter!) and Ayesh went for cheese scones with caramelised onion chutney on the side, all washed down with pots of tea, I have to say, the chai tea I ordered was incredibly delicious- I'd been told the teas had been specially blended for The Folly and I wish I'd asked if they'd sell me some of the tea leaves to take home with me!


Ayesh salivating over her scones




Sadly however our trip had to come to a close, partly because we couldn't eat any more, but also because the car park meter was running out... So we said our goodbyes and headed homewards.

Ayesh and I had a wonderful trip. We'd met some lovely people and had a fantastic brunch at The Folly. My only regret was that I hadn't bought my proper camera (sorry!) but needless to say, I will be going back as soon as I possibly can!



2 comments:

  1. This looks lovely! I agree about the duck egg blue accents, they really stand out. Glad you had a great time!
    www.ablogbygeena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just gorgeous isn't it Geena? I'm slightly in love!


    KJx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...