Pages

Monday 15 July 2013

How to Make Cheer Bows

I've noticed that it's surprisingly expensive to buy cheer bows, which I find odd since they're literally just a bit of ribbon. Therefore I had a go at making my own!

Here's what you'll need:
50cm of 38mm ribbon
a short length of 16mm contrasting ribbon
Cable ties
Hair bands
a square of cardboard
Super glue




Start by cutting yourself a template from your square of cardboard (mine was about 20cm wide) by cutting a slit up the middle of the cardboard.




Next, fold your ribbon around the template and pinch it in the middle, securing a cable tie around the pinch. Before tightening the tie, adjust your ribbon so it's even.




Use a second cable tie to secure the hairband to the bow. This will ensure it's on nice and tightly. Then, cut a short length of ribbon to wrap around the cable tie and hairband (I used about 4cm) and secure it with superglue. VoilĂ !




 I then went on to add a couple of hotfix gems which jazzed them up a bit! As an extra little tip, if you like your bows to be extra stiff, spray them with hairspray.






2 comments:

  1. KATHERINE I WANT ONE!!!!
    i like your blog btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dw I've made you one =p
      And thanks babe =) xxxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...