Pages

Wednesday 6 March 2013

Say Cheese!


This little indulgent snack is one I quite often whip up when I'm feeling like a bit of cheap luxury- it's definitely food for the soul and maybe not a favourite if you're watching the scales, but who could resist it, honestly?




There is something about melted cheese that begs to be eaten. I don't know about you, but I'm the kind of person who will pick the stringy mozzarella straight off a pizza and gobble it right down, or eat a tosty burning hot so the liquid cheese will drizzle  into my waiting mouth. 




Well, if those cheesy dreams are not the most appealing to you, this yummy treat will allow you to get the same effect just with the illusion of some sophistication at the same time. Neat, huh? Its pretense at elegance makes it a great little recipe to dig out if you have guests and are in need of some sort of sharing platter- they may say you can't buy friends, but whoever 'they' are obviously never fed their would-be-friends this! It's also so mind numbingly simple it will literally take you 10mins which will buy you a little more time to natter and relax. 




All you need is a wheel of brie (or camembert), some honey (here I used the squeezy sort, but the thicker stuff is much nicer if you have any!) and some rosemary (again here I had to use dried, but if I'm at home I like to use the fresh stuff, straight off the bush).  For dipping I just used some nice crusty bread, but grapes, cranberries, figs, slices of apple, apricots and walnuts go deliciously as well! 




Take your cheese and put it in some kind of heat proof container- I used mini pie dishes. Stab some holes in it and drizzle over your honey. Then, sprinkle on your rosemary and put the whole thing in a warm oven (I normally put it in at around 180 degrees).






When you see your honey starting to bubble and the skin of the cheese 'doming' slightly it's done- don't let the honey burn! 

We caught her...



...then dived in ourselves!


 When you break the skin, you should find all the cheese inside to be deliciously melted. Dive in and dip to your heart's content!


One happy Gracey 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...